Memorial Day weekend is around the corner and before you know it, summer will be here. The travel season is fast approaching Before you pack your bags and head out the door make sure you have essential oils on hand for your travels. Weather you are traveling by car, plane, train or boat essential oils will come in handy for you and your family.
The Essential Oil Travel Kit
Pick and choose what you need from this list. You may want to take them all or just a few, decide what works best for your needs.
- Peppermint: cooling, headaches, motion sickness, keeps you a
- Ginger: motion sickness
- Lavender: sunburn, burns, calming, bug repellent, a good all-purpose essential oil
- Lemon: disinfecting, purifying, uplifting
- Lemongrass: bug repellent
- Eucalyptus: cooling, respiratory issues
- Tea Tree: disinfecting
- Chamomile, Roman: calming, soothing
- Grapefruit: uplifting, energizing, cheerful
- Thyme: comforting, helps the immune system
- Ginger and Peppermint essential oils.
- Inhale peppermint or ginger essential oil.
- Ginger essential oil can also be diluted in a small amount of carrier oil and massaged over the abdomen for relief- to a teaspoon of grapeseed oil add 3 drops of ginger essential oil.
- Use a car diffuser with one drop of lavender, eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils to stay cool, calm and alert.
- Calm the children by massaging Your Body Needs… Better Baby Oil into the legs and feet of your little ones. Our Better Baby Oil is blended with calming essential oils of lavender, mandarin and Roman chamomile – this will come in handy other times during your vacation too!
- To get some shut-eye on a flight have a blend of lavender and Roman chamomile made in a carrier oil. Massage this blend over your shoulders, neck and chest. Be sure to breathe it in from your hands too.
- Avoid wasting precious vacation time trying to get your sleep/wake schedule back on track.
- Use essential oils of peppermint, eucalyptus and grapefruit in the in morning. Use these either by placing a drop of each oil on a tissue, in a morning bath or massage onto neck, chest and shoulders. These oils will help to keep you awake and energized.
- In the evening get sleep with lavender and Roman chamomile. Use this combination in the bath if you can. You may also want to create a spritzer blend to spray in the room and on your linens too.
- For best results keep using these essential oil combinations for the first 2-3 days while your body adjusts.
In the Hotel Room
- Room sprays are a must, make it feel like a home away from home!
- Use tea tree and lavender essential oil to disinfect surfaces. It’s a good idea to spray this combination on the bed linens too.
Other Uses and Tips
- Place a few drops of tea tree essential oil on a couple of cosmetic pads and place in your suitcase for freshness.
- Be sure to pack tissues and or cosmetic pads, these make the best portable aromatherapy diffusers!
- Small spray bottles with water come in handy for making room sprays, disinfectant sprays and aromatic spritzers for the face and skin.
Enjoy your travels wherever they may be. Your essential oils are essential, don’t leave home without them! Safe travels everyone.