Botanical Name: Rosmarinus officinalis
Source: flowers and leaves
Rosemary is a popular aromatic herb. It grows wildly in the Mediterranean region near the sea and the botanical name for rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) reflects this; the Latin ros, means dew and marinus, means sea. Rosemary essential oil is energizing and stimulating which makes it perfect for this time of year as we transition from the slumber of winter to aliveness of spring.
Rosemary is a versatile essential oil; use it for depression, fatigue, memory, headaches, chest congestion, flu, in household cleaning and in hair care. Rosemary essential oil is an analgesic which makes it useful to use for muscular and arthritis relief. Diffuse Rosemary essential oil while working or studying in order to get the mental boost this essential oil provides. Feel the energy Rosemary essential oil brings, use it first thing in the morning to get that “wake up” boost to get your day going or during that mid day slump when energy is waning.
Uses & Facts:
- One of the six essential oils in Your Body Needs… Muscle Therapy Cream.
- Rosemary essential oil is one of the six essential oils used in our massage blend Muscle Rub.
- Rosemary is one of the essential oils included in our Essential Oil Starter Kit.
- Rosemary essential oil has antimicrobial activity making it useful to use in cleaning. Learn more about this, attend Clean Your Home Naturally workshop.
- Rosemary essential oil helps boost memory and concentration.
- Rosemary is versatile! Cook with fresh rosemary, grow it in your herb garden, use the essential oil to enhance your daily living! From soothing achiness, combating fatigue, boosting memory, and its cleaning potential this essential oil is a must have!
Hair Care Tip:
1. Add a small amount of shampoo to your hand.
2. Add one drop of Rosemary essential oil to the amount of shampoo in your hand.
3. Massage into hair and scalp.
Repeat the above steps with your conditioner too. Not only will this awaken your senses but your hair will feel soft and manageable too!
Concentration Booster Diffuser Blend
Use this blend when you need that extra boost to focus. Use at work, while driving*, before a meeting, while studying for that exam and any other occasion where you need that extra boost to focus.
Rosemary essential oil– 4 drops
Peppermint essential oil– 1 drop
Grapefruit essential oil– 4 drops
Lavender essential oil– 3 drops
Counter Top Spring Cleaning Disinfecting Spray
Add the following to a 4 ounce spray bottle:
Rosemary essential oil– 12 drops
Lemon essential oil– 14 drops
Lemongrass essential oil– 5 drops
White Distilled Vinegar- 2 ounces
Distilled Water- 2 ounces
Shake before each use.
Spray on counter tops and wipe off with a clean sponge.
For an extra boost add one drop of the essential oils to your sponge before use.
Making your own disinfectant sprays is a great alternative to using commercial cleaning products that are filled with harsh chemicals. Learn more by attending the Clean Your Home Naturally workshop.
As always, check out our website at www.YourBodyNeeds.com for more information and recipes!